I did a talk this morning… about the underrated value of not doing.
Just yards from the site I hit a huge pothole and my car started making a very unhealthy noise.
• Might cost quite a bit of money
• Put my day out of line slightly
• I was already at the venue when it happened so my talk went ahead
• One of the people there recommended a great garage
• The great garage was only 4 minutes away (or 10 when nursing an unhealthy car)
• I got to ride on a train to get home (always a joy!)
• I got a story for my journal
When we look at life as an adventure the upsides often outweigh the downsides whatever the circumstances.
And if they don’t, we can’t change reality, so we might as well at least be OK with what’s happening.